1995-10-19 - Re: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0cf0ce7d08b002cadde1558ac5442384291043857498c6515973d08cc9e2c3ce
Message ID: <199510192214.SAA18672@homeport.org>
Reply To: <199510182003.QAA06276@opine.cs.umass.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-19 22:11:21 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 15:11:21 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 15:11:21 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymity: A Modest Proposal

Futplex wrote:

| The fundamental conflict, as I see it, is this:
| For security reasons, we want messages to be distributed to a very wide
| audience, although those messages are only of interest to a very narrow
| audience. News admins understandably are generally inclined to accept
| bandwidth only in proportion to readership. For practical reasons, they don't
| want to carry messages to people who aren't interested in them. It's not
| easy to convince the news admins to do it anyway out of altruism.

	How about a local group, such as ucb.anonymous?  Those news
admins who wanted it could get it.  Not perfect, but reduced
polyticks, increased usablity.

Adam

					               -Hume

Thread