1995-10-15 - Netscape bugs bounty

Header Data

From: “& E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 24facd93d1efa574b69ede1f4e1cb703ffa00cb7c595a5e460fd786cbbfc2fcc
Message ID: <199510152310.TAA29098@jekyll.piermont.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 16:10:42 PDT

Raw message

From: "& E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 16:10:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Netscape bugs bounty

I am among the first people to be sarcastic about things Netscape has
done (I believe I originated the joke about the extra money from the
Netscape IPO being used to build a structure large enough to house
Marc Andreessen's ego), but I think this sniping about the Bugs Bounty
is silly. They are finally starting to try to do the right thing and
take problems, especially security problems, with their software
seriously and not sweep them under the rug. Cut them some slack. It
might not be perfect, but they are moving in a good direction.

Perry

Thread