1995-10-25 - Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF

Header Data

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2a98ddcaf415436730502665158d65fb7e85d1d84c6c797d5f9094e4bc01fc51
Message ID: <199510251404.HAA04065@orac.engr.sgi.com>
Reply To: <DGypKo.Isx@sgi.sgi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-25 14:04:19 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 07:04:19 PDT

Raw message

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 07:04:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF

In article <DGypKo.Isx@sgi.sgi.com>, sameer <sameer@c2.org> writes:

>> I posted a list of MD5 checksums as a personal favor to various cypherpunks
>> who asked for them, since I have access to the original bits.  The official
>> Netscape solution for checking your downloaded distribution will be
>> announced later in the year.  In the mean time anyone who is uncomfortable
>> with downloading the bits from the net can always buy a copy.  We will
>> ship them the distribution on floppy.
>>

> 	That's quite lame.. (not on your part jeff, obviously, because
> you posted the md5s) Netscape's responses in the past has been pretty
> quick, but this is damn slow. I am disappointed.

This isn't an easy problem.  Personally, I'd rather have them get it
right than get it done fast.

--
Sure we spend a lot of money, but that doesn't mean | Tom Weinstein
we *do* anything.  --  Washington DC motto          | tomw@engr.sgi.com

Thread