1995-10-20 - Re: 50 attacks… [NOISE]

Header Data

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2ca9add47b068dabdf9be3e03f7161d6faaf4ea40d14ff4a4a1967a0c9de9d0f
Message ID: <199510201231.FAA15050@orac.engr.sgi.com>
Reply To: <DGpCsv.9r5@sgi.sgi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-20 12:32:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 05:32:01 PDT

Raw message

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 05:32:01 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: 50 attacks... [NOISE]

In article <DGpCsv.9r5@sgi.sgi.com>, fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen) writes:

> And how secure is the hash? It it possible to create values that will
> hash to each prime (or something else that does the job)? Is the hash
> something we can figure a way to precompute using massively parallel
> processing so that we can then provide a set of codes which will produce
> the desired results? (etc.)

Perhaps you should consider learning something about cryptography before
you cast aspersions on someone else's cryptographic protocols.

To date, MD5 appears to be a secure hash.  If you manage to find a way
to reverse it, please let us all know.

--
Sure we spend a lot of money, but that doesn't mean | Tom Weinstein
we *do* anything.  --  Washington DC motto          | tomw@engr.sgi.com

Thread