1995-10-20 - Ginetta Sagan to give Jing Lyman Lecture at Stanford

Header Data

From: todd@lgt.com (Todd Glassey)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3d66b21469338b87f8479251269212779d2565bb51174b987ab53594bee49fc5
Message ID: <v02110100acacaefbbafb@[204.156.156.4]>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 18:45:26 PDT

Raw message

From: todd@lgt.com (Todd Glassey)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 18:45:26 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Ginetta Sagan to give Jing Lyman Lecture at Stanford

My apologies for cross posting this but she is really  a great speaker...

Todd

>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 17:38:43 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Samson Tu <tu@camis.stanford.edu>
>Sender: Samson Tu <tu@camis.stanford.edu>
>Subject: Ginetta Sagan to give Jing Lyman Lecture at Stanford
>To: aiusancal@camis.stanford.edu, aiusagr19@camis.stanford.edu,
>        amnesty@lists.Stanford.EDU
>
>Jing Lyman Lecture on Visionary Women
>
>Women in the Resistance During World War II and After
>
>               Ginetta Sagan
>Honorable Chair, Amnesty International USA Board of Directors
>
>Time: Noon-1pm, Wednesday October 25
>Place: Oak East, Tresidder Union
>       Stanford University Campus, Stanford
>Sponsored by: Institute for Research on Women and Gender
>
>end official announcement and begin personal plug:
>
>For those of you who don't know, Ginetta Sagan, a participant in the Italian
>Resistance during the WW II, is the godmother of Amnesty activities in the Bay
>area and beyond. She is a spunky, dynamic woman, and a great storyteller. Even
>though the title of the talk is about the past, she promises to mention
>Amnesty's current concerns. When I last talked to her, she was on the phone
>with the IS researcher on Algeria, getting the latest scoop. I especially urge
>Stanford Amnesty members to come and see a local celebrity and a great human
>rights activist. (Her husband, Dr. Sagan, is a consulting professor at
>Stanford.)

Regards,

T. S. Glassey
Chief Technologist