1995-10-24 - Fred, Fred, Fred: Enough already!

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 69270e58eb6a188509f23707af4694173bc46e5efc1cd36320b434432b96354a
Message ID: <v02120d07acb2bab4104b@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 08:58:21 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 08:58:21 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Fred, Fred, Fred: Enough already!

Can we please talk to Dr. Fred, the Poster Child of the Informal Fallacy,
if we *really* have to, off line?

I had my fill of specious arguments in college already. Speaking of both, I
would reccommed any book on elementary logic (Copi used to be a good one),
specifically the informal falacies section, if you want a good laugh, and
to see why his "Did so, did not! Prove it didn't!" argument style makes me
want to step outside and hork in the bushes.

I would hate to kill-file people who are normally clueful, but I will, just
to get this second-order Fredness out of my face.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread