1995-10-18 - Re: transaction costs in anonymous markets

Header Data

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: David Murray <sdavidm@iconz.co.nz>
Message Hash: 754a2209ffa7a90d7ea6cfa59a4df6b3c8efa469b8ee5ce344f16404a691927b
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9510180711.B37215-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <pnr096593132l@iconz.co.nz>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-18 11:40:47 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 04:40:47 PDT

Raw message

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 04:40:47 PDT
To: David Murray <sdavidm@iconz.co.nz>
Subject: Re: transaction costs in anonymous markets

On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, David Murray wrote:

> B. Unilateral Anonymity. One party to the transaction is known, but the other
> is unknowable. An example might be subscribing for a digital security with
> ecash - the issuer is known, but the purchaser is anonymous.
>
> C. Bilateral Anonymity. The identities of both parties to the transaction
> are unknowable. This might be the case on a cypherpunk stock exchange...
Or we could use the client/server terminology when possible.

Thread