1995-10-23 - Re: airport security

Header Data

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@coyote.csusm.edu>
To: BRUEN@mitlns.mit.edu
Message Hash: 7ed8423440df4054c894ec65b2f9eb111b3587a2c82319501f2f889967396966
Message ID: <v03003704acb1a4f86721@[204.250.84.2]>
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 13:07:17 PDT

Raw message

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@coyote.csusm.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 95 13:07:17 PDT
To: BRUEN@mitlns.mit.edu
Subject: Re: airport security

>   Without actually agreeing with the FAA, the reason you can't have a name
>   other than your own on your ticket, as well as why you are required to
>   be in your assigned seat on take-off and landing is because if there is
>   a plane crash, they need to be able to identify an otherwise difficult
>   to identify body. This does have some relevance to airport security if
>   a plane is blown up.

I do not believe that this is true.

Southwest Airlines has "open seating" on all of their flights, where you
board and then sit in any seat that you choose. (IMHO, an annoying policy)

When a flight is (close to) full, and the flight is running late, many
flight attendants will instruct the last few passengers to "sit in any open
seat". I have seen this on Reno Air, American, and United.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow
Aladdin Systems
mclow@coyote.csusm.edu
Warning: Objects in calendar are closer than they appear.

Thread