1995-10-12 - Re: anonymous web pages?

Header Data

From: rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To: Nelson Minar <nelson@santafe.edu>
Message Hash: 8448ac731b2f9f9d6b59b90f57424eacebf6440b4347f7653968442aaa1a51ce
Message ID: <v02130500aca22166f237@[199.183.109.242]>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 18:38:38 PDT

Raw message

From: rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 18:38:38 PDT
To: Nelson Minar <nelson@santafe.edu>
Subject: Re: anonymous web pages?

At 7:18 PM 10/11/95, Nelson Minar wrote:
>The hard part would be finding a site that would be willing to serve
>anonymous pages. I don't understand the politics at various sites that
>allow anonymous remailers: maybe this isn't much harder?

Yes, it is "much harder". Unless the site had a cache of all the pages that
it was willing to source (the usual case), traffic analysis could easily be
applied to determine the sources for pages because, unlike mail which is
"store and forward", web pages are provided on a realtime connection.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net

Thread