1995-10-25 - Re: CJR returned to sender

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8dc565c3f3df0420ecf61e188e90e8198ab6a1a50945adab6badb6ca2950b71f
Message ID: <199510250602.XAA20850@desiree.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 23:02:21 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 23:02:21 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CJR returned to sender

At 10:13 PM 10/24/95 -0700, you wrote:
>   I got the CJR back today, envelope unopened (although the corner was
>torn so you could see there were t-shirts inside). "Returned to sender",
>it said, "Refused___, Unclaimed___".
>
>   Did I do something wrong, or did the Dept. of State decide it
>didn't want to deal with this CJR?

That is what you get for warning people in advance!  (I would say that they
"skirted" the issue, but that is not a-dress-ed here...) Maybe they read the
list and knew what you were up to. Why else would they refuse free t-shirts?
(Or maybe they had already talked with Netscape that week...) ];>

|       Visualize a world without lawyers!        | alano@teleport.com   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmerman unites all| Disclaimer:          |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!" | Ignore the man       |
|   -- PGP 2.6.2 key available on request --      |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano          |       <fnord>        |

Thread