1995-10-27 - Electric Communities (was: COS_sec)

Header Data

From: cman@communities.com (Douglas Barnes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9989ae41cc6b449001818dbdc9b303b43f5b994b79ea154c55c0a4c5d4aecc3b
Message ID: <v02120d04acb6f56280f0@[199.2.22.120]>
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:56:47 +0800

Raw message

From: cman@communities.com (Douglas Barnes)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:56:47 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Electric Communities (was: COS_sec)

FWIW, this is the company I work for. Not a bad article; more
info is available at: http://www.communities.com/. Three of
the nine people who work here are long-time subscribers to this
list... I was recruited at a c'punks Bay Area meeting.

--doug "member of the cryptographic staff" barnes

>      Electric Communities began work began in 1993 on the
>      Cyberspace Operating System, or COS, designed to manage
>      the resources of shared computing -- like security and
>      bandwidth -- just as operating systems like the
>      Macintosh OS or Windows 95 manage resources inside a
>      desktop PC. The team is inventing some technology,
>      including a programming language (compatible with Sun
>      Microsystems' new Java language for Internet
>      applications) and a design concept for software building
>      blocks which it is in the process of patenting. In
>      addition, staff cryptographers are weaving encryption
>      throughout the system to make it absolutely secure and
>      private.
>

>   COS_sec  (6 kb)

Thread