1995-10-20 - Re: responce to graphic encryption replies

Header Data

From: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>
To: privsoft@ix.netcom.com
Message Hash: 9ccac126292c975790caee0d6b01ab4ba3b7aac32869ef906afc315311e7f01d
Message ID: <199510201730.TAA00497@soikko.cs.hut.fi>
Reply To: <199510191953.MAA29605@ix10.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-20 17:56:21 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 10:56:21 PDT

Raw message

From: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 10:56:21 PDT
To: privsoft@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: responce to graphic encryption replies

> PrivaSoft uses a pseudo-random generator that is seeded by a 9 digit
> number uniformly normalized from the user's secret key.  The engine is
> proprietary, designed according to the rules of modern cryptology to
> make the best use of the allowable key length.

Uhhuh, 32 bit keys?  Now you have really convinced me that it is not
secure even against the neighbours bright young kids.

    Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>

Thread