1995-10-11 - Re: BoS: Re: Netscape & Fortessa

Header Data

From: Scott Barman <scott@Disclosure.COM>
To: nobody@connect.com.au
Message Hash: 9f55f887fe31c47a809fa457edb6b17f5a9b06ddec123aa13553b917aa04aa7a
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951011184837.29924D-100000@di2>
Reply To: <199510111620.RAA25682@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-11 22:49:31 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 15:49:31 PDT

Raw message

From: Scott Barman <scott@Disclosure.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 15:49:31 PDT
To: nobody@connect.com.au
Subject: Re: BoS: Re: Netscape & Fortessa

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, Anonymous wrote:

> Netscape to Offer Fortezza Cryptographic Capability for
> Its Software Products
>
> Underscores Company's Commitment to US Government Market

<... snip ...>

> Support for Fortezza has been added to Netscape's Secure
> Sockets Layer (SSL) open protocol.  SSL provides a
                      ^^^^

I wonder how open a protocol is when one company proposes it, changes it at
will, and makes what looks like a token effort for acceptance for peer review
through mechanisms currently in place?

scott barman
--
scott barman                  DISCLAIMER: I speak to anyone who will listen,
scott@disclosure.com                      and I speak only for myself.

Thread