1995-10-08 - netscape mail starts java attachments upon get new mail…

Header Data

From: Andrew Purshottam <andy@acgeas.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ae9705343b130b21dde6f5e9856a6ff0eecb40f3b3fbae4e9ecaf97b229bfe88
Message ID: <199510080937.CAA17576@bibimbap.acgeas.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Oct 95 02:36:19 PDT

Raw message

From: Andrew Purshottam <andy@acgeas.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 95 02:36:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: netscape mail starts java attachments upon get new mail...

The new netscape mail reader is quite nice, but a little too
automatic for my tastes. If one mails a java applet as an
attachment, doing "Get New Mail" with the mailed document
as the next message, automatically starts the applet in your mail
display. Of course, the wonderful Java security mechanism is
protecting you.

Otherwise the java mail stuff is quite reasonable. I predict
it gains wide acceptance.

Andy (andy@acgeas.com)

Thread