1995-10-10 - Re: Distributed co-operative theorem proving, anyone? - was Java

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Message Hash: b2ff551dbc8ae73fa7333eec7b2b20ca3c8a3b997e99b046245f2fd34b2253b8
Message ID: <199510101415.KAA03219@homeport.org>
Reply To: <9510100110.AA25989@all.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-10 14:12:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Oct 95 07:12:39 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 95 07:12:39 PDT
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Subject: Re: Distributed co-operative theorem proving, anyone? - was Java

Dr. Frederick B. Cohen wrote:

| > For the general case this is true. To be able to trust larger systems, you
| > need to not only be able to trust the individual 2 pagers, but to also be
| > able to show that composing the sub units doesn't lose whatever property
| > you're trying to do.
| > Distributed co-operative theorem proving, anyone?
|
| Let's go - I will provide the distribution mechanisms, and I think I
| know someone who is interested in the theorem proof side.  I know of
| several experts on theorum proving who may well pitch in.  What program
| do you want to prove secure next (we're currently finishing up my secure
| Web server).

	I'd be real intereseted in seeing an MTA proven secure.  Smail
or Zmailer perhaps?

Adam

					               -Hume

Thread