1995-10-17 - Re: Bug Bounty [noise]

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6db031433745ff9838d7f7ce28ec45574b04594ac5f91620390fcfe95a8bf72
Message ID: <199510170204.TAA12213@desiree.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 19:04:20 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 19:04:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bug Bounty [noise]

At 05:47 PM 10/16/95 -0700, you wrote:
>Alan Olsen wrote:
>>
>> Something I noticed about the Netscape Bug Bounty that seems to not have
>> been mentioned here...
>>
>>         "Linux users need not apply."
>
>  If a linux user finds a security hole that is reproducible in
>any supported version then they are still eligible for the prizes.
>If a linux user finds a security hole that only applies to linux,
>I don't know what the company would do, but I would push for them
>being payed as well.

If you look at what versions are eligible for rewards of any sort, Linux is
not on the list.  Was it an oversight or are they only eligible for the
security cash?

|       Visualize a world without lawyers!        | alano@teleport.com   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmerman unites all| Disclaimer:          |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!" | Ignore the man       |
|   -- PGP 2.6.2 key available on request --      |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano          |       <fnord>        |

Thread