1995-10-15 - Re: what are these people selling????

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: cf8edb41c80a0fc2d28dd6a60e49f1a13a23a30587d0e1c7b00a5ed5d7043863
Message ID: <199510151842.OAA28929@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <aca45d8413021004e721@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-15 18:42:49 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 11:42:49 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 11:42:49 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: what are these people selling????

Timothy C. May writes:
> At 11:43 PM 10/13/95, Censored Girls Anonymous wrote:
> >I mean maybe we could get Microhard to do a meeting.
> >Or the dreaded RSA or somebody.
>
> Jim Bidzos, President of RSADSI, attended our special "Clipper" meeting the
> weekend after Clipper was announced, in April 1993.
>
> I'm not saying this in defense of RSADSI and their patent situation, just
> to note that they are not "dreaded."

Jim Bidzos and some of us might have interesting interactions on
patent issues, but I've got to emphasize that he's no demon. He's a
guy trying to make a buck on his patent properties -- by and large he
has the same interests about seeing cryptography spread that the rest
of us do.

Perry

Thread