1995-10-06 - Re: CancelMoose = William Nagengast?

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f08853cdaa42421c7e93b974271ffcd396585291d21e794f46724bdb089384d1
Message ID: <ac9b0e3a2f021004e24b@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Oct 95 16:51:46 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 95 16:51:46 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CancelMoose = William Nagengast?

At 9:21 PM 10/6/95, Anonymous wrote:
>I did a little digging around, and came up with the following identity
>for the cancelmoose:
>
>> finger moose@panix.com
>[panix.com]
>Login Name: moose                       Full Name: William Nagengast
>Directory: /net/u/11/m/moose            Shell: /usr/local/bin/psh
>Last login Wed Nov  9 17:21:18 on panix.com ttyq2 from ts3.nyc.access.n.
>No mail information available.
>
>Is this publicly known information?

Who cares?

And if I did care who the "cancelmoose" is, I'd care more about the trail
of evidence "Anonymous" thinks links "cancelmoose" to the eponymous moose
at panix.com. Name space collisions are hardly convincing.

Oh, did I tell you I discovered the real identity of Jack the Ripper? A
finger of ripper@netcom.com reveals some very interesting information. Film
at 11.

Once again, anonymity is being used as a cover for cluelessness.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.