1995-11-29 - Re: The future will be easy to use

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0de6108652939acb678a5286458b977473163c760b0d5f8e856b42f4ae0d3a95
Message ID: <199511291715.JAA04769@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 01:35:45 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 01:35:45 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The future will be easy to use

At 09:31 AM 11/29/95 -0500, Jack P. Starrantino wrote:
> Is this worth the complexity/cost? I'd have thought that the amount of
> data involved would be small enough that index hashing would be
> overkill, and I can't think of any operations that would require a full
> up db engine.

I think you envisage communicating with a few other revolutionaries,
drug trafficers, etc, whereas I envisage a future where every man is
his own bank and his own credit rating agency.

More immediately, any extension to the web of trust to enable it to
function for anything more interesting and important than
logical-to-physical identity (and who gives a tinkers damn about
logical-to-physical identity) will require a real database, or
will be painful without a real database.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread