1995-11-26 - Re: key for Alice as promised (not)

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 18a66cbae322ece5eb503a667ac20d2f95f8882cb69825225ed4b9ec7445357b
Message ID: <199511262145.NAA02219@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 05:59:00 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 05:59:00 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: key for Alice as promised (not)

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995 anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com wrote:

> > As an incentive for Alice to generate herself a PGP key, I hereby
> > place Alice on notice that if she doesn't sign her next post, and
> > provide a PGP key, I will create one for her, and steal all the
> > postive (?) reputation that she has developed so far.

Positive reputation??  Me??  Uhhm, thanks, I guess.

> > You have 24 hours Alice, otherwise a key gets posted to here, and to
> > the keyservers with your nym on it.
>
> Well 24 hours have passed, and Alice remains unrepentant:

Can you imagine??  I'm simply not willing to fool myself into thinking
that I ahve security by posting a key and using PGP.

I think that's irresponsible.

Unless, I have a secure machine dedicated to PGP *which I don't* I don't
fool myself into thinking that I have any security, at all.

> On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, the old Alice de 'nonymous wrote:
>
> > Alice here ...
> >
> > No, *I* am the real Alice, and I refuse to use PGP signing.

Yep ... that's right.

> So here we go Alice's key:
>
> Type bits/keyID    Date       User ID
> pub  1024/23292ED1 1995/11/22 Alice de 'nonymous <cypherpunks@toad.com>
>           Key fingerprint =  CA 76 81 41 54 CE E7 D6  62 EE 6D 65 EE FB A3 55

Gee, it might even help if you got the address right.  Since when is the
list address, my address??

cypherpunks@toad.com??

Alice de 'nonymous ...

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.

Thread