1995-11-29 - Re: Inexpensive Crypto Boxes…

Header Data

From: “Brian Lane” <blane@eskimo.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2ae27f10d420ca1a1738b537513ff065db009630742d894b82ca020e05e35d8b
Message ID: <199511290726.XAA17712@mail.eskimo.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 03:14:20 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brian Lane" <blane@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 03:14:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Inexpensive Crypto Boxes...

> It isn't likely to be worth doing this with a sony play-station; it's DSP
> capabilities are nothing special, and you're paying way too much for
> irrelevant stuff like CD-ROMs, 3D accellerators, etc. For the same money

  I seem to remember a product from Sony last year that had a CDROM
drive in it, a small LCD display, and a minimal keyboard. I think it
was meant for reading encyclopedias or something.

  What would be cool would be a small device like this with a Magneto
Optical drive in it. Generate yourself a large one-time pad and off
you go...

  Or, you could have a secure messaging system (running a stripped
down version of PGP) that could connect to a host via POP3 protocol
(thru a internal modem of course)  handle your mail, etc.

    Brian
blane@eskimo.com                | Electronics, Privacy, Raytracing.
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/~blane     | Embedded Microprocessor Programmer
http://www.eskimo.com/~blane    |

Thread