1995-11-25 - [rehash] Re: crypto for porno users

Header Data

From: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
To: Gary Jeffers <gjeffers@socketis.net>
Message Hash: 4ff7d469a054ee86891673e0b5237d16d9b580148c014217ecdac36fffd7a628
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9511242032.A16013-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <199511241535.JAA30731@mail.socketis.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-25 02:06:54 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 10:06:54 +0800

Raw message

From: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 10:06:54 +0800
To: Gary Jeffers <gjeffers@socketis.net>
Subject: [rehash] Re: crypto for porno users

Watch the cpunks go round and round and round and...

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Gary Jeffers wrote:

>    I know little of the theory of Dining Cryptographers but I would think
> that a good implementation of it would make infiltrators useless. I will
> leave it for other Cypherpunks to discuss the mechanics (specific and
> general) for actually doing this.

Dining Cryptographers nets (aka DC-nets) are the whole idea behind the
type 2 anon remailers like Mixmaster, and the remailernet in general.
You'll find a lot on this in the archives, the ftp site (which has Chaum's
DC article and a good explanation by Tim May) and a few peoples' pages.
(I think they're mostly pointed to in the pages I list)

You'll find Mixmaster at <http://obscura.com/~loki/Welcome.html>
Wei Dai posted some articles a few months ago about traffic analysis
of such remailers. He still has one of them at
<http://www.eskimo.com/~weidai>
Sameer also has a two-way encrypted-command remailer. Check out
<http://www.c2.org> for details.
this has been posted n zillion times)

Wasn't there a DC-net mailing list once upon a time? (Tim mentions it in some
of his writings) Did this wither away or merge into the remailer-ops list?

Thread