1995-11-24 - Re: e$: Come aaaannnndddd Get it!

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: sameer@c2.org
Message Hash: 9978894952eebc833ac021ea8e1938d438f17d1d3858bf5f1b529428cfcdec57
Message ID: <01HXZTB0E3XG8WYILG@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 09:13:57 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 09:13:57 +0800
To: sameer@c2.org
Subject: Re: e$: Come aaaannnndddd Get it!

From:	IN%"sameer@c2.org"  "sameer" 16-NOV-1995 19:01:20.75

>From EALLENSMITH:
> 	I will as soon as someone comes up with a _fully_ private digital
> cash system and starts using it for something. As I understand it, Chaum's
> ecash system is not one (i.e., non-privacy to the sender and of amounts to the
> bank). If I'm incorrect, please tell me and I'll set up an account with MTB
> immediately (if there's a text-based interface).

	ecash provides full payor anonymity. Payee anonymity is
currently not possible, but that is being worked on.
	That's what I said; "non-privacy to the sender" is lack of payee
anonymnity. This lack is problematic for me personally in two respects:
	First, there is that, as I have stated, I would like to be a payee at
some point. My likelihood of doing so is decreased if I do not have an
anonymnity option.
	Second, services that I might like to utilize are less likely to be
available if the anonymnity of the provider is not guaranteed.
	-Allen

Thread