1995-11-30 - Re: The future will be easy to use

Header Data

From: Eric Young <eay@mincom.oz.au>
To: Jonathan Zamick <JonathanZ@consensus.com>
Message Hash: a15bc4229edd4524f3d2b65de92579b2b85c0c961b30c505bd866915b641a7e0
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.951129104350.18458D-100000@orb>
Reply To: <v02120d02ace0fcab0df8@[157.22.240.13]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-30 02:34:37 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:34:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Eric Young <eay@mincom.oz.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:34:37 +0800
To: Jonathan Zamick <JonathanZ@consensus.com>
Subject: Re: The future will be easy to use

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Jonathan Zamick wrote:
> Returning to the original topic though, do we want to get a smaller list
> together to spec out some ideas for the project that was discussed? A
> simple, transparent, tool which would allow people to use strong encryption
> without having to think about it?

It should be worth noting that I hope to put out the next version of
SSLeay in less that a week (I hope, depending on how many nights I don't
sleep :-) and it should include a 'demo' CA application. It will probably
only use simple text indexes and directorys for storage but I intend it to
be able to generate CRL and process certificate requests.  The only
question is do I put in support to ouput the certificate using a
netscape/verisign compatable format :-).  If nothing else, this should be
a good starting point for adding a nice GUI front end and a real database
backend.  The application will be mostly a front-end to the SSLeay library
so if I finish most of my documentation by then, others should be able to
write a real CA application.

eric
--
Eric Young                  | Signature removed since it was generating
AARNet: eay@mincom.oz.au    | more followups than the message contents :-)

Thread