1995-11-20 - Spam the Sign!

Header Data

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Name Withheld by Request)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a20ee0d27f1a7513d8559736e7b8638f9149a35d28ef3dd3df00ac63fe5c5ba8
Message ID: <199511202020.VAA01688@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:45:51 +0800

Raw message

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Name Withheld by Request)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:45:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Spam the Sign!

On September 27, Jeff Weinstein of Netscape (and others) wrote:

> > > ... would be nice if we could get 128 bit keys, though ... (hint,
> > > hint).
> >
> > We are working this issue with the government.  As soon as we can
> > make it available for download we will.

> In other words, we will never see it in our lifetimes -- the
> bureaucreeps aren't known for promoting the spread of strong crypto.

>>  Where did I imply that if the govt. ignored us or said no that we
>>  would meekly go away with tail between legs?

Netscape has a cute little Times Square scrolling sign in their engineering
dept. - you can leave a message for all to see at:

	www.netscape.com/people/mtoy/sign/index.html

Drop by and ask Jeff where his tail is these days. };->

Thread