1995-11-17 - The Great FAQ Hunt

Header Data

From: cassiel@alpha.c2.org (Cassiel)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a7b895849183c725c7b1ba4eaf7439f1d0833fd1521595d4129b63f2d3983c18
Message ID: <199511162319.PAA24869@infinity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:04:46 +0800

Raw message

From: cassiel@alpha.c2.org (Cassiel)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:04:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Great FAQ Hunt

Several fellow newbies have written me asking to share
the sources I received re: where to get the uncorrupted
Cypherpunk FAQ (Cyphernomicon).  You can get it uncompressed--
along with a lot of other cool stuff, like the Applied
Crypto book--at Pat Farrell's Web Site (thanks, Pat!)

http://www.isse.gmu.edu/~pfarrell/crypto.html

However, when I tried to summon up this 1.2 MB tome with
Netscape, my computer choked.  Changing the cache settings
didn't seem to help, so I wound up downloading it via FTP
from

ftp.netcom.com /pub/tc/tcmay

where you can also get your hands on the shorter MFAQ (Most
Frequently Asked Questions).

Hope this helps.  I'm on an info-diet, Cypherpunk Lite, so if
you want to respond to this message, please be sure to "cc"
me directly.

Cassiel

Thread