1995-11-28 - Re: [NOISE] Chi Sun Times SS# Sweepstakes

Header Data

From: “Robert A. Rosenberg” <hal9001@panix.com>
To: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Message Hash: b965ca59d32a2dd333c8502e72e4fa3682ef7794e8a0bf1c360fcd1d6f0bdd29
Message ID: <v02130500ace045aa0b50@[165.254.158.230]>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:26:03 +0800

Raw message

From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9001@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:26:03 +0800
To: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Chi Sun Times SS# Sweepstakes

At 11:12 11/27/95, Dan Harmon wrote:

>One reason for the ssn's is that it maybe a LEA sponsered promo. If you a
>dumb enough to have a warrent or other some judgement against you and you
>give your ssn and address to a person or enity that you don't know then
>shame on you.

This reminds me of an incident that occurred in California last year. A
number of people received a notice that they had just won an
all-expenses-paid trip. Most of them turned up to get their gift only to
then discover that it was a Government Sting Operation and that the trip
was to Jail (they were all wanted on outstanding warrants which were
waiting for them when they arrived at the meeting site).

Thread