1995-11-11 - Re: New World Encryption

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: “James M. Cobb” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bad1567a7d8ed2590bb29bc62b7f297e792c8f4f4e28a1b0544b5c4d0ada0cec
Message ID: <acc9550f0102100474a5@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 11:52:46 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 11:52:46 +0800
To: "James M. Cobb" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New World Encryption

At 2:49 AM 11/11/95, James M. Cobb wrote:

>Friend,
>

>An item in 11 09 95 Edupage summarizes a NY Times new-
>sstory revealing Clinton's wish to spy on the world:
>
>OPPOSITION TO ADMINISTRATION'S ENCRYPTION STAND

"Friend,"

I'm sure your intentions are good in forwarding this and other similar
items to the Cypherpunks mailing list, but if you are reading the list, you
should surely know that this item--including both summaries and the
complete article--have already been posted to the Cypherpunks list. Two
days ago, in fact.

If for some reason you are _not_ reading the CP list, or not paying
attention, then you really should not be forwarding stuff to it.

I'm copying the CP list on this to remind folks to "stay on the page" as to
what's already been posted. We are already becoming a kind of "automatic
cc:" for a variety of announcements, spams, and other earthshattering
items.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.