1995-11-01 - SCO Unix Crontab Problems-Need Help

Header Data

From: ncra@ix.netcom.com (NCRA )
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bf30f375a6c63de41cdd77969da6e4a5ce232875333219c97682aa128556db52
Message ID: <199511012132.NAA20695@ix2.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Nov 95 13:31:34 PST

Raw message

From: ncra@ix.netcom.com (NCRA )
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 95 13:31:34 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SCO Unix Crontab Problems-Need Help

I have a bourne shell that I need to execute in SCO unix 4.0 from a
crontab.  The script is a communications upload using ecu.  The script
runs just fine in terminal mode, but when it is executed in cron, it is
not able to gain access of the modem for some reason.

Q:  Is there something special that needs to be added to the crontab
line in order to allow for tty access.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thread