1995-11-18 - Re: WRITTEN CODE

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d350e564dd6966d390bd8fd3eff834b75cc6ce4dc9bc53f370b9a420c92831f3
Message ID: <DHRReD28w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9511181002.A4814-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-18 16:54:01 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:54:01 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:54:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: WRITTEN CODE

s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca writes:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Daniel 'genius' Charpentier wrote:
>
> > he mentioned his desire to see more cryptographic program code and
> > I didn't want to see this initiative die.  I am a new commer to
> > cryptography and I know I shouldn't be posting yet but that is
>
> Don't be shy: POST! If you've got good coding ideas, then by all
> means we want to hear you. If you've got lousy ideas but good intentions,

Amen. If you have something crypto-relevant to post, please do. As the amount
of noise on this list rises, the meaningful discussion goes away. Please help
reverse this trend.

> the fastest way on the net to get corrected is to post a mistake :-) .
> Nobody will flame you for that, so don't be so touchy.

Or if some anal-retentive jerk flames you, ignore him. Even if you make a naive
mistake in your post, and someone corrects it, both you and probably other
readers of this list will learn from it.

> Bonne fin de semaine.

Curious how in qc they say 'fin the semaine' while in France proper everybody
says 'weekend'.

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis