1995-12-23 - Re: AWARD: CHRISTMAS NET SCROOGE - AT&T & NETSCAPE??

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0650080a9d9e0b7b2dc1f107dbf045c37243ccc44e8ff3614718ba15d9f610e5
Message ID: <199512231817.KAA24182@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 03:09:06 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 03:09:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: AWARD: CHRISTMAS NET SCROOGE - AT&T & NETSCAPE??

On Fri, 22 Dec 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com writes:
> > Everyone should ask this question.  AT&T can sign-on to a two-page ad,
> > calling on Congress to balance the budget -- to cut off veterans, and
> > cut-off women with dependent children just before Christmas.  It can
> > sign on to this, but it can't bother to even offer a scholarship to
> > the students who helped make its fortunes.  It would rather leave the
> > impression that it freeloads off of other's efforts.
>
> God, you are annoying Fred, ER, I meant, "Alice".

My dearest Perry.

I am not Fred.  I am not he.  He is not me. Got it??  We aren't even in
the same category or the same country.  Fred's an American, and I am not.

Scary, isn't it??  A non-American ...

Oh ... and a Happy Ho Ho to ya, Perry.  My own best wishes. (just in case
you didn't get my email, which wished the same, I mean).

And _none_ of this changes the fact that AT&T and Netscape are my
personal nominees for the "Christmas Net Scrooge" award.

Anyone willing to second, that??

Alice de 'nonymous ...               <an455120@anon.penet.fi>

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.

Thread