1995-12-22 - Newsweek Nerd 50

Header Data

From: Bill.Humphries@msn.fullfeed.com (Bill Humphries)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 066a443524cff43da3f9fba3882ffbd8a2bab12478b26f3d0d2cc5634fed51cc
Message ID: <v01530502acffea606402@[199.184.183.25]>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 21:01:30 PST

Raw message

From: Bill.Humphries@msn.fullfeed.com (Bill Humphries)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 21:01:30 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Newsweek Nerd 50

Okay, while you other cypherpunks were grousing about how you weren't going
to give Newsweek your hard-earned currency, I bought a copy. My pain, your
gain (on a significantly smaller scale than that messiah figure some of us
celebrate next week.)

Cypherpunk Notables on the List: "Newsweek's Epithet"

Phil Zimmerman: "Crypto Creator"

Marc Rotenberg: "Privacy Advocate"

Sameer Parekh: "Protector of Privacy"

Johan Helsingius: "Crusader"

and Steven Levy, who sometimes posts here has the byline on the "Year of
the Net" feature.

PS to Newsweek -- Prof. Hoffman should be called a "Data Goddess" not a
"Geek" for exposing those bogus factors the marketdroids want to use to
control their survey data back up to the population level.

Happy Holidays
Piss off Ralph Reed, Defend the 1st Amendment.

Bill Humphries

Thread