1995-12-28 - Re: Only accepting e-mail from known parties

Header Data

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
To: “Robert A. Rosenberg” <hal9001@panix.com>
Message Hash: 1989d8a9dea70dcc7eaf1c8011404556848d1a1b4908d6be3820fec96d564284
Message ID: <199512271205.HAA08576@pipe9.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 05:50:08 +0800

Raw message

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 05:50:08 +0800
To: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9001@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Only accepting e-mail from known parties

On Dec 27, 1995 00:50:13, '"Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9001@panix.com>'
wrote:

>At 13:23 12/26/95, tallpaul wrote:
>
>>I hadn't picked up the problem you mentioned. Thanks for pointing it out.

>You're welcome - You _did_ ask for comments/analysis <g>.

 I wasn't being sarcastic with the "thank you" and I don't usuallly treat
criticism as a neo-flame.

As you may have inferred from other posts of mine, I am more interested and
knowledgable about the social aspects of the privacy/crypto/anon debates
then the code/algo aspects.

I know other peoplw who share my interests but who proceed to write,
publish, comment on the tek issues without understanding them. Getting a
better understanding of them is one of the reaons I'm on the list.
Sometimes I'll venture a view on one of the tek issues, in part to test by
knowledge of those issues from the tek angle. Criticism is first a small
price to pay for the ability to do this. Second, it improves my knowledge
of the tek.

--tallpaul

Thread