1995-12-26 - Assault presses with cop killer computers.

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 24ce718601adcae7bc112e5ebd9afb76ce1ba971cee466571f73e0692c9aa141
Message ID: <199512260507.VAA09404@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 13:26:20 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 13:26:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Assault presses with cop killer computers.

While channel surfing around 6PM today on Christmas day, I saw
President Clinton announce the grave international threat
posed by terrorists, drug dealers and money launderers wielding
computers (Only three horsemen -- he left out child pornographers.)

He was immediately followed by an Expert In Television Expertise,
who told us that computers were getting more and more powerful, and
doing more and more things, and that Something Must Be Done.

The Expert did not actually use the phrase "The first Amendment was never
intended to protect modern assault presses using cop killer computers",
but that was the message.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com