1995-12-02 - Re: A “Warning Banner” for Netscape Navigator? Good idea!

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 29dddf903982a29f1bbdd00547683be371682c87433a7ef89c779f7b743d73c6
Message ID: <ace520b5130210044dd8@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 05:57:13 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 05:57:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: A "Warning Banner" for Netscape Navigator? Good idea!

At 2:39 AM 12/2/95, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>It's been a long and interesting day...
>
>>Pull down the 'Options' menu, grab the 'Window and Link styles'
>>page, and change the default "home page location" from
>>netscape's to whatever you want.
>
>Oh. *Those* advertisements! I couldn't for the life of me figure out *what*
>Tim was talking about. I've made mine come up blank since the initial,
>"Hey, what do these twiddly bits in the Preferences command do...", session

Indeed, I figured this out a long time ago, too. As I said in a recent
post, I don't have Netscape's page come up when I start Netscape.

The ads I'm talking about are the ads introduced when various Net tools are
used, such as Infoseek, Deja News, Excite, Yahoo, etc.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.