1995-12-29 - Re: Employer Probing Precedents?

Header Data

From: ecarp@tssun5.dsccc.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2ae0ee2bc0861ff5cc1bc2a2df0db5ebd9eeb0ef5ed902d209b7d0a3faadb770
Message ID: <9512272351.AA27795@tssun5.>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 15:50:17 +0800

Raw message

From: ecarp@tssun5.dsccc.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 15:50:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Employer Probing Precedents?

> From owner-cypherpunks@toad.com Wed Dec 27 17:48 CST 1995
> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 16:51:41 -0500
> Subject: Employer Probing Precedents?
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> From: "Jason D. Livingood/WSC"@hks.net

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I was curious as to where I might find some electronic freedom legal
> precedents.  If, for example, an employer was planning to probe file systems on
> PCs in the off-hours and employees began encrypting their hard drives, what
> legal precedents would support the employees or would support the employer in
> blocking the encryption?

Try www.eff.org.

I have a partition on my HD that is routinely encrypted.  When asked about it,
my response was that I was acting to protect company confidential material
and company assets.

Thread