1995-12-29 - Re: FYI - telecom bill or not there are still censors

Header Data

From: “Cees de Groot” <C.deGroot@inter.nl.net>
To: jpp@software.net (John Pettitt)
Message Hash: 2c0dd5056795ca9b3b44858316600f47d9744f8467385a3b2f5832e1a12b78a4
Message ID: <199512281652.RAA05245@bofh.cdg.openlink.co.uk>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19951227172007.0070f34c@mail.software.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-29 01:44:38 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:44:38 +0800

Raw message

From: "Cees de Groot" <C.deGroot@inter.nl.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:44:38 +0800
To: jpp@software.net (John Pettitt)
Subject: Re: FYI - telecom bill or not there are still censors

> According to reports popping up in other places around the Compuserve
> Information Service it appears that they have taken a stance of Internet
> censor and are now blocking access to certain Usenet newsgroups.  This
> move took place just before the Christmas holiday and remains unannounced
> to the membership/subscriber base.

I got this response so fast, that I cannot do anything else but assume that
they got an automated reply thingy on such requests. For any other simple
question, CI$ needs something like a week to reply...

:To: <C.deGroot@inter.nl.net>
:Subject: Usenet Newsgroups
:
:Re: USENET Newsgroups
:
:
:Thank you for using CompuServe Feedback!  This is in reference
:to your message concerning the disappearance of certain newsgroups
:on CompuServe.
:
:Access to these certain newsgroups have been suspended indefinitely.
:CompuServe has been notified that these areas may be in
:violation of applicable laws or regulations. This matter is
:under further review.
:
:Please let us know if you have any further questions.  Thank you for
:using CompuServe Feedback!
:
:Charlotte Harris
:

I won't start to comment on the style of this message. The term "Suitspeak"
comes to mind.

--
Cees de Groot, OpenLink Software		     <C.deGroot@inter.NL.net>
262ui/2048: ID=4F018825 FP=5653C0DDECE4359D FFDDB8F7A7970789 [Key on servers]

Thread