1995-12-15 - Re: And the standard continues to lower…

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 30f07fdab90477603189f4f4e96bfffe9490395b7a3fd8d787ba9e6b094dc3bd
Message ID: <2.2b7.32.19951215013346.008d4434@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 13:50:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 13:50:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: And the standard continues to lower...

At 05:17 PM 12/13/95 -0600, you wrote:
>Dr. Brian L. Crissey includes in his .sig, courtesy of cactus@hks.net
>[ much WRT YetAnotherSecureInternetCreditCardPaymentSystem(*tm) deleted ]
>> ***Dr. Brian L. Crissey, Chair CS Dpt, Linfield Col., McMinnville, OR 97128
>> (503)-434-2426 brianc@linfield.edu
>> Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark...
>
>However, the Ark was *designed* by GOD (if you believe the story).  Can Dr.
>Brian L. Crissey say the same thing about his payment system?

He seems to think so...  He is so assured as to the security of his system.
I am going to ask if I can post his challenge he made to me in private
e-mail here.  He needs to be taught some basics in security.  (I do not have
the proper hardware to subvert his scheme.  I do have some other ways of
subverting it, but that would be telling...  (I occasionally assist with the
web server on Teleport.  Changing his script to collect information would
not be difficult...))

I will see if he will let me forward his e-mail to the list.  (I will also
check with the webmistress on Teleport before I do...  She might get pissed
if I turned the people on the list onto Teleport's server.)

|       What is the Eye in the Food Pyramid?      | alano@teleport.com   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmerman unites all| Disclaimer:          |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!" | Ignore the man       |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key |  behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/         |       <fnord>        |

Thread