1995-12-23 - Houston C’punk gathering

Header Data

From: turner@TeleCheck.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 50181fce0ab1606a03362438b6ea6a5d9c3468a1874fa42454e791fdbaa42a00
Message ID: <9512222346.AA01818@mercury.telecheck.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 08:23:01 +0800

Raw message

From: turner@TeleCheck.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 08:23:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Houston C'punk gathering

For C'punks in the Houston area, there will be an informal gathering
at Strack's Restaurant, tomorrow at approx. 11:00 a.m.

I will attempt to get there a little early, and I will be the one with a red
lamborghini countach on the table.  Just come up and sit down.
Strack's has a breakfast buffet which is reasonably priced, or at
least it was the last time I went there.

Possible Topics for Discussion:

I will also be bringing the encryption algorithms used by VMS (the
AUTODIN-II, Purdy with salted input, Purdy (Purdy V) with variable
length username, and the Purdy (Purdy S) with additional bit
rotation).  I have tested these under VMS 6.2 and they seem to
work fine, although they could be (and should be) optimized for
brute forcing.

I will also be bringing some password brute forcing code that
utilize the system services to encrypt the password (and punch CPU
usage through the roof).  It will crack a three character password
in under a minute on a loaded AXP 3000LX.

I will also be bringing a copy of the infamous _Giant Black Book of
Computer Viruses_ by Mark Ludwig.  Interesting stuff.

Directions (from Houston):

 	Take I-45 North.  You will pass 1960 and then will drive
though a stretch of road riddled with construction barrels.  Do not
exit Holzworth, but take the next exit (Louetta).  Get on Louetta
(you will have to make a right turn and you will be on the overpass),
and take the overpass west towards Tomball.

	You will cross through several intersections, Strack's
will be on your left, after you cross Kukendaul (approx. 1-2 miles
ahead).

	If anyone gets lost, or wants more info you can page me
at: (713) 866-0989.

Thread