1995-12-04 - Re: Questions

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: rmarquis@umich.edu (Robert Marquis, Jr.)
Message Hash: 51f83fe967b54f0680b5071093370993c453d5a982e47fffd4886ada631e2a6a
Message ID: <199512040338.WAA24230@homeport.org>
Reply To: <v01530502ace7ad85c8de@[198.109.36.28]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-04 03:34:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 19:34:19 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 19:34:19 PST
To: rmarquis@umich.edu (Robert Marquis, Jr.)
Subject: Re: Questions

All of these questions are answered in Bruce Schneier's excellent
book, Applied Cryptography, as well as in the sci.crypt FAQ and other
places.  Please take a look.

| I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.  I am writing a
| research paper and I need some interviews for it.  If you could answer any
| of these questions about security, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks
| for your time.
|
| --Bob Marquis
|
| Please send responses to rmarquis@umich.edu
|

| - How can PGP help secure something like e-mail?
|
| - Are there any encryption schemes which are "unbreakable"?
|
| - What would someone need to do to send an e-mail message which cannot be
| read or altered by anyone else, or is it not possible?

					               -Hume

Thread