1995-12-30 - Housewarming/birthday party

Header Data

From: “lstewart” <lstewart@prisminc.com>
To: strata@virtual.com
Message Hash: 6f0d3055c9e0b80fa4053fa4dc377f6568f0f02ec867fb7a85c1031b0979de16
Message ID: <9502157953.AA795307204@prisminc.prisminc.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 08:45:21 +0800

Raw message

From: "lstewart" <lstewart@prisminc.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 08:45:21 +0800
To: strata@virtual.com
Subject: Housewarming/birthday party

     You're invited to celebrate
     Laura and Bill's New Home
     Bill's Birthday
     and anything else you'd like to celebrate!
     Date:  Saturday, January 13
     Time:  5:00pm (or whenever)
     Putative location:  2040 Rock Ave. #22, Mountain View, CA
     RSVP (acceptances):  lstewart@prisminc.com, or Laura Stewart at work:
     408-744-3359.

     What to bring:  If you RSVP by Jan 12, don't bring anything!  We'll
     provide something resembling dinner.  If you don't RSVP, bring food or
     drink.  You are welcome to bring your family or other guests, but
     please do not forward this invitation to other mail lists.  Smoking is
     prohibited, laptop computers tolerated, board games warmly encouraged.

     How to get there (all directions are written as if 101 really went
     north and south):
                          HOW TO FIND THE APARTMENT

     The address is 2040 W. Middlefield #22, but ignore that fact.  It is
     much easier to find if you firmly believe that the address is 2040
     Rock Ave. #22.  From the corner of Rock & Rengstorff, follow the big
     lighted "2040" numbers along Rock.  Just after the second driveway on
     Rock you will find a walkway into the complex...follow the walkway to
     #19, then climb the stairs to #22.

                 HOW TO FIND THE CORNER OF ROCK & RENGSTORFF

     Cypherpunks:  From La Castena (the burrito place), just go one block
     "west" on Rengstorff.

     From Highway 101 southbound:  Take Rengstorff exit, which makes a
     180-degree loop.  Turn left onto Rengstorff westbound (away from the
     bay, toward the ocean).   One block after Old Middlefield (and one
     block before Middlefield), turn left on Rock Ave and park on Rock.
     See above to find the apartment.

     From Highway 101 northbound:  Ignore the Middlefield exit.  Take
     Rengstorff exit, which makes a 270-degree loop and merges onto
     Rengstorff westbound (away from the bay, toward the ocean).   One
     block after Old Middlefield (and one block before Middlefield), turn
     left on Rock Ave. and park on Rock.  See above to find the apartment.

     From 680 at Dunbarton exit:  Taking the Dunbarton bridge to 101 is a
     few minutes faster, but it's easy to get lost between the bridge and
     101.  Unless you're familiar with the area, we recommend taking 680 to
     237, west on 237 to 101, and north on 101 to the Rengstorff exit,
     which makes a 270-degree loop and merges onto Rengstorff westbound
     (away from the bay, toward the ocean).   One block after Old
     Middlefield (and one block before Middlefield), turn left on Rock Ave.
     and park on Rock.  See above to find the apartment.

     Further complications..er, clarifications:  Rock Ave. and Rock St. are
     the same thing.  Middlefield Road and Old Middlefield Road are two
     different things.

                   Middlefield  Rock       Old Middlefield    101
       ^             |          |           |                 |
       |             |          |           |                 |
     "North"         |          |           |                 |        the
                     |          |           |                 |        bay
     Rengstorff-----------------------------------------------------
                     |  _______ |           |                 |
                     | [    2  ]|           |La               |
                     | [    0  ]|           |Castena          |
                     | [    4  ]|           |                 |

     Lost on the day of the party?  Call us at home: 415-938-1697.

     The price of condo living: There is no guest parking in the complex,
     and the party must end by 10pm.  Please help us get along with our new
     neighbors by respecting the condo rules.  Thanks!

Thread