1995-12-01 - Re: The future will be easy to use

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Jon Lasser <jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu>
Message Hash: 7ec3731f0cefdc62561ab71fd63f841fb5e0e071e302a775ba571f9fc30cbaff
Message ID: <199512010519.VAA12881@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 21:19:23 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 21:19:23 PST
To: Jon Lasser <jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu>
Subject: Re: The future will be easy to use

At 12:39 PM 11/30/95 -0500, Jon Lasser wrote:
>No; you're going to steal from your enemies by having them ship things to
>you without payment.

Why would I bother to use encryption to encrypt someone elses credit
card number?  This is like arguing that I could use a crypto book
to hit someone over the head with in order to steal their wallet,
or arguing that a firewalled computer can still be attacked with
a sledge hammer.  Irrelevant.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com