1995-12-18 - Re: PAY-OFF TIME FOR BUG-BUSTERS, NETSCAPE PLEDGES “DOGFIGHT”

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: baee35bf6c54384fb295bc4b02876f31ab98425527fed0b8f7e5a9a5f5a5c3d9
Message ID: <199512172339.PAA05833@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:07:09 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:07:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PAY-OFF TIME FOR BUG-BUSTERS, NETSCAPE PLEDGES "DOGFIGHT"

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995 anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Alice de 'nonymous wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me whether Ian Goldberg and David Wagner got their $25,000
> > from Netscape for finding the HUGE security flaws in Netscape's existing
> > product line??
> >
> > Alice de 'nonymous ...               <an455120@anon.penet.fi>
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Heh, hey Alice, you know this discussion a short time ago where you
> claimed that you wouldn't use PGP for signing because it wasn't secure
> or something, what's with the use of the penet address?

Uhhm, actually, I said that I don't have a secure machine to run PGP
on, and that I didn't feel that I should have to travel across town to use
a secure machine to ask whether or not Ian Goldberg and or David Wagner
got any moola from Netscape or AT&T for helping to make these
companies a fortune.

Did they get their $25,000, or a scholarship, or a Christmas week or
two at the Halekulani in Honolulu??

They helped out these companies, and here it is, less than ten days to
Christmas, and what have these companies done??

Nothing ... nothing at all ... but freeload ...

> Surely a penet address offers even less protection for your id?
>
> Or have you done something nifty like create the penet address with a
> nymserver address?

Yep, something like that ... you must be paying attention, my friendly
"spoofing" shadow.  The Penet address is simply to prevent huge email from
being mailed to me.  I don't want AT&T or Netscape to mailbomb me for
simply writing the truth about them.

Penet gives me some protection.

I'm not looking to Penet to protect my "identity".  All I want Penet to
do is provide a way for people to write to me if they want to.

Alice de 'nonymous ...               <an455120@anon.penet.fi>

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.

Thread