1995-12-12 - PAY-OFF TIME FOR BUG-BUSTERS, NETSCAPE PLEDGES “DOGFIGHT”

Header Data

From: OpsAn@gnn.com (Michael Coates)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d1bafedd0d1f8b146c0b3876494cd367bfd325780ec13305ecc3cb1db13c102f
Message ID: <199512120710.CAA07438@mail-e1b.gnn.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 16:36:30 +0800

Raw message

From: OpsAn@gnn.com (Michael Coates)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 16:36:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PAY-OFF TIME FOR BUG-BUSTERS, NETSCAPE PLEDGES "DOGFIGHT"

PAY-OFF TIME FOR BUG-BUSTERS, NETSCAPE PLEDGES "DOGFIGHT"
Netscape Communications has awarded two software sleuths $1,000 each for
finding security gaps in its Netscape Navigator 2.0 software.  The company
also awarded gifts to 50 other contestants in its "Bugs Bounty" program for
identifying non-security problems.  (Wall Street Journal 11 Dec 95 B7)
Meanwhile, Netscape has vowed to wage a "dogfight" with Microsoft in setting
standards for Internet software.  CEO James Barksdale says his company will
continue to develop products that operate independently of any particular
computer operating system, noting that, "We offer freedom to the masses.
It's a tough fight -- I'll grant you that -- but we're brave.  We're well
financed.  We believe that God is on our side."  (Investor's Business Daily
11 Dec 95 A7)

Thread