1995-12-08 - Escrow expectations

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Message Hash: d919934f43726a48db2deb0c3dd64dc73cf2db375405421d28fa5926b1a39139
Message ID: <199512081417.JAA03121@homeport.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Dec 95 06:11:45 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 95 06:11:45 PST
Subject: Escrow expectations

	If there is no expectation of privacy when a key is escrowed
with Bob, or my companies attorneys, then would there be any
expectation of privacy under Clipper?  Perhaps this is a powerful
argument we should expect to have used against us...

	"Your honor, we argue that in escrowing his keys with the US
government, the defendant should have known his communications could
be listened to, and thus has no expectation of privacy."

Adam

					               -Hume

Thread