1995-12-07 - Re: 1)Age etc CA 2)Swedish Digicash

Header Data

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: da024ef2abcccc48d25a1ebb1c9265f9e792e0e9a7d2654da5c41a4d424cf925
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.951207225242.6277A-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <2.2b8.32.19951207150646.006874cc@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-07 22:11:14 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 14:11:14 PST

Raw message

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 14:11:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: 1)Age etc CA 2)Swedish Digicash

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> Is there an existing Post Office Bank in Sweden?  If so, can foreigners open
> accounts?  The UK's postal bank (Girobank) has become more like a normal

Yes, Nordbanken. It started as a government owned Post Office bank but
was privatized years ago. It still is closely connected to Posten. I'm
sure a foreigner can open an account - the Swedish banking system is
very deregulated nowadays, and Sweden is (unfortunately) an EU member.

Mats

Thread