1995-12-20 - Re: Political Cleanup program [NOISE]

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e68097c330d971bc207f4106fc6908c9307fc1fe917983a19249b635e5a4eea4
Message ID: <199512202147.NAA00522@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 13:47:54 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 13:47:54 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Political Cleanup program [NOISE]

At 01:37 AM 12/20/95 -0500, Jim Ray wrote:
>So what??? He gives us "The Simpsons" and "Married, With Children!"
>[IMO] Rupert has done more for humor than any humor-impaired liberal
>has ever done!

Murdoch is bitterly hated by our elites, because things are speakable on
his networks that are unspeakable on other networks.

Hence their perfectly true claim that he has overthrown several
governments.

I hope he overthrows some more.

I especially love the political humor on "married with children"

Cypherpunk relevance:  Murdoch got in deep shit because of his famous
speech that the communication revolution would profoundly undermine
the power of oppressive governments.

Murdoch sometimes calls himself a libertarian, but he is more a conservative
with bombs.  Still, I am strongly in favor of bombs.   It seems clear to
me that Murdoch, whatever his political beliefs may be, has done much
for liberty.  He has been a powerful disruptive influence.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread