1996-01-03 - Re: Foiling Traffic Analysis

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: Carl Ellison <cme@clark.net>
Message Hash: 0358e766d037746431cd398854316d7094a50e884b0a246f284b019ed4f4a53a
Message ID: <v02120d05ad0fbf5cf93c@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 18:27:40 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 18:27:40 +0800
To: Carl Ellison <cme@clark.net>
Subject: Re: Foiling Traffic Analysis

At 23:21 1/2/96, Carl Ellison wrote:

>This is merely a technical means for producing anonymous communications.
>
>Anonymity = conspiracy?

Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans is eager to allow
warrantless searches of their homes and property to aid the War on Drugs.
Every non-CP person that I tell about remailers asks me "This is legal?".
Meaning that they would expect it to be illegal. Surely a prohibition
against anonymous remailers and especially against DC nets is a small prize
to pay for perceived security against the Four Horsemen...

Inevitably, a DC net or the Token Ring approach described earlier will be
used for illegal purposes. Once, not if, that comes to pass all
participants will be guilty of conspiracy and their property subject to
forfeiture. No trial needed and it will happen to the applause of the
general public.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread