1996-01-01 - Re: Can We Cut the Crap?

Header Data

From: Gordon Campbell <campbelg@limestone.kosone.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1ecd2e42d281bd5e7a048bc0a4b3c20b1b8d72e4ea62473456a2569c0de57c9b
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960101164513.006a3e98@limestone.kosone.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 01:36:00 +0800

Raw message

From: Gordon Campbell <campbelg@limestone.kosone.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 01:36:00 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Can We Cut the Crap?

At 12:18 PM 12/31/95 -0800, tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:

>Really, the S/N ratio is approaching all-time lows, even for the Silly
>Season of Xmas. A week or so ago there was a massive flame war involving
>insults and counter-insults--I returned from my Xmas vacation to find the
>list melting down. Now, a week later, a new flamewar has erupted.

As a lurker on the list, I'd like to second this opinion. The cypherpunks
list is held up to be this almighty oracle of cryptographic information.
Yet, every time I subscribe to it (this is the fourth time in a year) I have
to wade through irrelevant personal attacks and various other rubbish. I
mean, really. This is worse than Fidonet.

However, I suppose that with any gathering of (mostly) intelligent, liberty
and privacy minded people, there are likely to be clashes of one sort or
another. If the anonymous twits will grow up and stop stirring things up,
maybe the rest of us can learn something.

Just my $0.02

-----
Gordon R. Campbell, Owner - Mowat Woods Graphics
P.O. Box 1902, Kingston, Ontario, Canada  K7L 5J7
Ph: (613) 542-4087   Fax: (613) 542-1139
2048-bit PGP key available on request.

Thread