1996-01-24 - [Ramble] Re: Hassles taking App. Crypt. to Taiwan?

Header Data

From: Bruce Murphy <packrat@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 229e6f4ae68d627e5141d709f301b892c2dc14a1c1a82ba1e96c836820a698a3
Message ID: <199601241311.VAA00525@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
Reply To: <199601221522.XAA29618@relay3.jaring.my>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-24 13:22:07 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 21:22:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Bruce Murphy <packrat@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 21:22:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [Ramble] Re: Hassles taking App. Crypt. to Taiwan?

In message <199601221522.XAA29618@relay3.jaring.my>,
  Peng-chiew Low wrote:
> >If this were Singapore, they might consider it subversive literature,
> >because it is :-)
>
> ...............and the next thing you'll probably say is that Asians live in
> tree houses
> and have pet gorillas or whatever :)......

*puzzled look* They don't?

And before I get totally off topic, on the subject of the Singaporean
government and their attitude to do-what-you-will liberalism (hah!),
just as a bit of noise, what sexual practices are illegal in Singapore?

Now that's *way* off topic, but what is there in the way of
enforcement for said regulations. More specifically, any info
generally on the whole Singapore law-enforcement system. Not of course
the public things, but it's intelligence stuff.

if AC is considered subversive... Mass media has had some interesting
articles about the Singapore govt being a little worried about being
either isolated or forced to abandon their vaunted censorship
role. Article itself was rubbish, but the idea behind it was interesting.

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Admin)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.

Thread